Wednesday, December 16, 2009

No more TIGER!!!

Now that Tiger Woods has released statements and let us into his personal life...STOP IT!!! I am so sick of hearing about Tiger Woods and his mistakes. The man is just that, a man. I don't understand why people put athletes on such a higher pedestal when everybody is human and make mistakes. He cheated on his wife...multiple times. The lifestyles of high profile athletes are certainly a circus. The thought of fame and money seems to bring out the wildest things in people.

It is a shame that Tiger has to go through this process. First it was all speculation...then it was the facts from Tiger himself...now it is the drawn out commentary that is killing me. He has lost almost all his sponsors with the exception of Nike (who says they will stick with the pro golfer). Let's face it...the man can live for another 20 years without needing to work a minute of his life. Athletes are overpaid and, as a result, get themselves into public relations nightmares.

It just further proves why I would hate to be famous. Sure the money and fame would be nice, but I wouldn't want my every move to be analyzed. I also wouldn't want one mistake to ruin my reputation for years to come.

Sorry Tiger. I admire you as an athlete but you should have kept your snake in your pants. For everyone's sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment