Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Yet another athlete gets in trouble with social media

I am beginning to think that athletes need to take Social Media Marketing with Kelly Cotiaux at the New England School of Communications. This is getting ridiculous. Here is the deal. Dwight Howard of the Orlando Magic has just been fined $15,000 for his comments about the refs in his blog.

Here is what he said: "How can that be, ya'll? It was crazy. They called me for a charge on a flop, a push off when the defender was on me and two fouls on blocked shots."

Howard also wrote that he hadn't played "that little in a game since I was 10 years old in pee-wee ball." He said, "What really bothers me is they are letting guys hammer me at one end of the floor, yet I'm being called for everything."

Here is a little advice for all athletes whether professional or not...USE YOUR HEAD AND STOP CRITICIZING OTHER PEOPLE ON YOUR BLOG, FACEBOOK, TWITTER, OR WHATEVER! FREEDOM OF SPEECH DOES NOT NECESSARILY PROTECT YOU FROM LOSING YOUR JOB OVER A STUPID COMMENT!

1 comment:

  1. It seems like athletes are notorious for this! Although all celebs are starting to open up about their life on social networks, it's lately the athletes that are putting themselves in controversial situations from either photos or comments. Maybe teams need to incorporate a social media class during training camp!

    ReplyDelete